Sunday 16 June 2013

Pinterest Sunday - Mason Jars, sofa & duvet and Cushions for Katie

Pinterest Sunday is a very close relation to Lazy Sunday and Hungover Sunday.  All three Sunday varieties start the same way with me looking out of the window and thinking 'hell no, I am not going out there'!  

far too rainy to think about gardening

But that's OK, the garden is pretty much put to bed for winter, still got a few leeks and broccoli coming through but it will be a few weeks yet before I start getting things ready for Spring.  I do have to repair the greenhouse and get rid of all the fallen apples, it can wait though, Pinterest Sunday wins.
Strawberries in their cosy winter blanket

So after looking out of the window and deciding that the garden is a no go, the next step is to migrate to the sofa, duvet optional depending on the weather, fire up my tablet and waste a good few hours trawling through Pinterest.  Although the novelty has worn off somewhat I do still spend far too much time on it.  After a couple of hours I've redecorated the house, reorganised the garden, made some amazing craft things and cooked some delicious meals all in my head!  Now where Pinterest Sunday diverges from lazy or hungover Sunday is that looking through all those images will give me the inspiration to actually get off my ass and actually go and do one of the things that I've been looking at!

Some of the previous results from Pinterest Sunday have been new recipes tried out in the kitchen, a cleaner bathtub, a Mason Jar turned in to pincushion and ribbon storage, and cushionsWe had a stack of large mason jars after husband bought some that were far too big in a fit of tomato related over-enthusiasm.  They were perfect for this though and another jar found the perfect use as storage for some strong Indian cooking spices, still got to find a use for 6 more though!  I've been tempted by a light feature like this but it might be a bit beyond me ... http://pinterest.com/pin/254946028878673601/ . Pinterest ideas can be more practical though. I promised some cushions as a birthday present to a friend, Pinterest taught me how, but I thought I'd better practice on some for myself first :)
Two of my Pinterest inspirations
It's too soon to tell which way it is going to go today, I think it is going to be a Pinterest Sunday, though I do have to get some quilting done.  It needs to get finished soon.
The work in progress
 
Maggie, however, is hoping for a lazy SundayThis is us on a lazy Sunday a few weeks ago, as you can see, it involved nothing much over a 4 hour period.  Believe it or not, each of these photos was taken about half an hour apart, as evidenced by the appearance and disappearance of husband in photo 3, whoops, far too lazy!! Oh well, a lazy day is good for you every now and then.

Laziest of Lazy Sundays

God I love Pinterest on a rainy day ... I'm here if you want to follow me :)  http://pinterest.com/belle1207/boards/

No comments: