Sunday 18 August 2013

Spring - the promise of good times ahead


My plans for a weekend in the garden have been rained off, it's a bit yuck out there.  Can't say I'm really complaining about a rainy Sunday on the sofa though. 

There are signs that Spring is on the way though ...
The Magnolia is blooming

The bulbs are coming up everywhere
Cat photobombing the daffys

The poor dilapidated greenhouse has had a partial face lift in 
anticipation of the tomato glut


We replaced the greenhouse roof and bed borders to get the greenhouse through another year at least.  Last years dirt was dug out and replaced with compost.  That makes digging out the mountain of compost from the huuuuge pile the previous owners had created worth the effort!

So the greenhouse is waiting in anticipation for all these seeds ... most of them will get a head start in there ...
 

I may have gone a little crazy ordering seeds online, and this is just the start!
Normally at this time of year I am desperate for sunshine but we've been spoilt with a mild winter.  I am still looking forward to summer though ... I can almost smell the summer BBQs and hear the neighbourhood lawnmowers, I can't wait!

No comments: